07 December 2008


Okay! Finally I get to update about my day in The One Academy. First of all, I went for a painting competition organized by TOA. The first prize winner will be given RM35K scholarship(which is not even enough to pay for the whole course). The winner of The Best of the Best Prize winner will be awarded RM55K scholarship.

The total expenses on for the Multimedia Design course will be:
Tuition Fees: RM50500
Registration Fees: RM300
Tuition Deposit: RM700
Resource Fees: (3 years) RM2700
Security Deposit: RM500(Refundable)
Graduation Fees: RM700

TOTAL: RM55400 =_="

Besides that, we will have to buy materials (if I were to study there for 3 years, I think I will spend rm7-8K on materials). We have to pay for transportation also. So expensive. This academy is definitely out of my options.

Okay! Next, let's talk about the competition. I was in category A, which is the painting category. Jia Nee, who went along with me joined category B, which is making a gift from Wall-E to Eve by using recyclable material. The title of the painting competition was "How the world would be like in the year 2700". At first, I planned to draw a modern lifestyle. But, most probably majority of the participants will draw that. So, I decided to draw something different. My idea was the world at Year 2700 world be horrible.
After the competition, we were given 3 hours talk on the courses provided there. It was rather boring. I fell asleep for a few times. (Yawn) Wookay. When it was time to announce the winners, Jia Nee and I were so nervous. Even though we joined the competition just to gain competition, we still put a lil hope on winning. But, unfortunately, we did not manage to win any of the prize. I have to say, I am quite disappointed. Yikes!

Okay. After the prize giving ceremony, we could go to the exhibition room to look at the winners' work. Expecting for something great from the first prize winner, this was what I see!Okay. I wasn't the only one who got stunted when seeing the painting. I'd heard people saying, "My god! This kind of work also can be considered first prize ah?" My comment on this painting is... C-O-M-M-O-N. I saw many people doing something like hers also. Anyway, this is a creative media award. What this girl did was just using the idea in the movie-Wall-E. I wonder if this is called CREATIVE. If I were the panel, I guess this would probably be a better one.
This piece of artwork won the consolation prize.I can see painting skills and creativity from this artwork. Much better than the first prize winner!

This is the artwork of The Best of the Best Award.
This is Wall-E with a bouquet of flowers for Eve.

Well, I seriously doubt that this was a CREATIVE Media Award! Reasons:
1. Don't they want something different? Why do they choose the artwork which is no more creative. It was just a copy and paste from movie.
2. Most of the winners of category B made WALL-E Model. The title was: Make a give from Wall-E to Eve. Why do Wall-E have to do a "WALL-E NO.2" for Eve. It's nothing creative! Those who have cracked their mind, stacked up their pillows for nights to think of something different must have wasted their time and energy.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com