01 October 2009

As I was kind of lazy these days, I went and opened up my old files in my folder. Randomly, I found this piece of essay which was written for the sake of applying scholarships. Hm... This piece of essay sounds very unfamiliar yet familiar to me now. ==

/////////

My career vision is to be a graphic designer. Many people feel worried and anxious when they consider undertaking something rather challenging such as graphic design, for fear of making a mistake. This fear is just a sign of pessimism. In my opinion, challenges are where we found our rationalization and realization.I have a dream, and I am bringing it to reality! I have a plan, and I am making it a successful one! In fact, the expected challenges in the graphic design field is the force that pushes me to be more enthusiast in this field as I know there will be endless paths that can be taken within the field of graphic design to inspire change.

Besides that, I was rather obsessed by the fact that graphic design has the unique ability to reflect the culture of life. We can express our modernization and our society through colour, typography and style! There is so much terrain to cover. Graphics obviously can impact the way we think, act, and also the way we perceive the world better than what words can do.

Graphic design is always full of surprises. No matter how many times you say, “DONE!” you’re always forced to reevaluate. Each design is unique. You explore new ideas and new subjects, combing over the mysterious terrain. There’s so much ground to cover that it’s dizzying to realize how much is truly unmapped. Of course, nothing is perfect. As there’s always space for improvement, there will also be just enough room for errors to slip in.

I am struck by the realization that everything we design could be constructed in a hundred different ways; what matters most is the rationalization you put behind the work. Designers can argue all the day long over pointsize, colours, and papers with clients until they get their way, but if the idea itself is strong enough, it doesn’t matter if it’s blue or red.

The real fun begins when it comes to listening to feedback and finding ways to meet people’s demands while bearing in mind your own intentions. This is the point in the journey where I will find myself at the crossroads between commerce and compromise.

//////////


@@ I guess each time when I am about to fall, I shall take out this piece of essay and read it all over again. I shall never forget my passion towards this career. Passion shall not fade~~

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com