04 August 2009

As usual, I attended Design I in the morning today. With no surprise, half of the class did not attend Design I. Many of them were preparing themselves for the presentation on their History presentation in the afternoon. As I was freaking bored, I ended up leaving the classroom at 11 with my gang of friends. XD!


The clock struck 1 o clock. My presentation is at 2pm. Oh my oh my... My heart started to thump at the speed of120/min. While waiting for my group's turn, I watched the other groups being questioned by my lecturer, Stephen. Watching them being questioned in an unexpected way worsen my nervousness. Soon, it was 2 o clock. Stephen walked to the place where my group's History reinvention and advertising campaign are located. He started with the reinvention painting. My group leader, Lex was a bit nervous in the starting. Fortunately, things went well afterward. Lex explained the rational of reinventing the painting in such way. I could tell my lecturer loves our concept pretty well as our concept of the reinvention is to create awareness to the society that our next generation needs a greener environment. Stop the pollution and stop the open burnings! Yeah! That's the thing! =P. After the reinvention painting, he moved on to the advertising campaign. My group did Gatsby advertisement. We changed Jesus' hairstyle to a spiky one! XD! The message sent to the consumer is quite strong as the hair really looks great on Jesus. "But he is no more Jesus! " Stephen said. Oops! Yeah. He is no more Jesus. But he is another good-looking hottie! XD! Overall, we only did a mistake which is the gesture. Whoops! Stephen really has wide knowledge! He spotted the gesture that we changed into is the sign of syaitan. @___@ Anyway, he did not lecture us on that. Probably because he understands that we are still young and shallow-minded. =X One thing that impressed him most is the photoshop skill of both the projects; the reinvention of painting and the advertising campaign. "Well, I have to say that the photoshop skill is very impressive!" =X! Haha.. My group mates started pointing at me (as I was the one who did the photoshop work). I did not smile big. I senyum simpul(tou xiao) only. Hahak! I did not reply his compliment at first. But, before he concluded everything, he complimented on the photoshop work once again. This time, I beh hiao pai seh and thanked him for complimenting my photoshop skill. =)

Advertising Campaign

Original painting
Salvator Mundi by Vittoire Carpaccio

Our "painting"
You save the world, Gatsby saves your hair!*Notice his gesture? This is the gesture of syaitan actually. Aiks! (Well, this is not the actual thing. This is just the photoshop picture. Actually, there is a 3D hand holding the Gatsby bottle with the slogan on his right. Picture will be uploading when I got it from my photographer)

Reinvention of the old masters' painting

Original Painting
Rest during the Flight into Egypt by Joachim Patinir

After being reinvented
The Green Escape. *Click to enlarge

After everything, Lex offered to treat the group members for afternoon tea. Wuhoo.. I accepted the offer with no "paiseh". Lol! Went to Station 1 and had my hot honey lemon(I can't drink anything cold as I am having cough). It is amazing that we only know each other for few weeks(Our group consists of students from different classes), we could actually chat and laugh till the whole Station 1 could hear us! Whoops! XD! After the tea, I went back to main block to see how other groups were doing. Sunny picked me up at around 5. Today, he drove me to Pei Shan's house! Pei Shan was sleeping. But, she still came out to have lil talk with us. Haha.. It had been quite some time since I last met her. She had became so pwettty now due to her beautiful hair colour. XD! Hope to go out lepak with my girls gang during my semester break! Eeeks!

So, holiday is coming soon. And, my spirit started to fade little by little. Ugh! This is bad! I have not been doing anything since yesterday. I think I am going to work on my pop up assignment tonight.


***p/s: 10 marks for Finished Art again? Waa... Reis! Where is my Raspberry bread?

Signing off. =)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com