20 March 2010


I was supposed to help my friend to get some thick canvas for their projects. But,.... aside from buying for them, I can't help but to get another 1meter of thick canvas for myself. Awhhh~~~


Thick canvas is much more better compared to calico(almost same colour as thick canvas but it is much thinner). Many things can be sew by using thick canvas, eg., pencil case, book cover, wallet. Somehow I don't think I will make bags out of it as it is a bit hard. I would much prefer my bag with a soft cotton material which I can always have a nice hug of it. I was imagining thick canvas matching those Japanese printed fabric last night. I bet they will be good match huh. =D

Anyway, anyone who is interested to get those thick canvas can contact me by leaving comments or leaving a message in my chatbox. I can tell you where you can get those thick canvas with lower price. FYI, fabrics sold online are 30%-100% more expensive than the original price that you can get from the retail shop.


How many days to go? XD
SEW SEW SEW!

2 comments:

aisha said...

ooh! do you know where i can get the thinner canvas? :D do let me know yeah.
i thought of buying some from your sister's friends' blogshop which you blogged about recently.

Unknown said...

humm.. You can get it from Nagoya in Tesco. Just tell the salesman or salesgirl that you want to have a look on calico. I strongly discourage you from getting them online cos you will be shocked when you see how different the prices are comparing the price in the online store and the price in the retail shop. I saw one Japanese fabric online, selling at RM60 per meter. And guess what? I saw the same fabric in one textile shop nearby The Store, selling at rm18 per meter. LOL!

Here are some places that you can visit:
1. Nagoya(Tesco Klang, Carrefour Subang, somewhere opposite Kamdar)
2. The area around Pizzahut/BATA/The Store. There are many many shops selling good quality fabrics.


Hope the information above did help you out! ^^

 
template by suckmylolly.com