26 August 2008

Before you begin to read this post, I would wanna warn you a few things first:

If you are so obsessed by branded items, click on the cross on the top corner of your right hand side.


Done reading?

Ok.. Let me begin.

Actually, I have the "inspiration" to post this regarding to an article that I read in the newspaper recently which really make sense.

Try to have a walk in Pavillion KL, or KLCC. It's not something amazing if you see the same bag for several times, but with different owner. Yeah Yeah... I meant the LV bag. That bag, it's just a leather bag, printed with the LV logo on it. And people see the bag as "so fashionable". Once, my aunt asked me to carry her LV bag for her. I got a shock on how heavy that leather bag is even without much things in it. And I have to say, that bag's design was so....... uhm..... It is one of the LV famous collection. The front of the bag, is the "tag" of LV. It's as if she was helping LV to do promotion. *sigh* Besides, I went in to Guess in the Bukit Tinggi outlet. Actually, some of the bags there have nice designs. But, one thing that ruin the esthetic value of the bag is , the word GUESS tagged so largely on the bag. That was the time I started to wonder; those who buy that bag like the design, or the word "GUESS"??

(Let's ignore those people who do really have money to spend on)

Even brands like Roxy and Billabong. Let me emphasize this. I AM NOT TRYING TO CRITICIZE THE BRANDS. Actually, I am criticizing the consumer. As you can see, those pretty good design of the Quiksilver's items are really EXPENSIVE. A pretty cool watch of Roxy will cost you RM300-RM500. After strolling for a while, you saw a nice bag! As usual, you will search for the price tag. And wow! You will have to spend RM200-RM400 for that bag. Ooh-la-la. Those who have mother/father to manja, they will try to "blackmail" their parents. "You must buy me this if you want me to score well for the next exam." OR "I really want it badly...... plz plz plz... I will cry if you don't buy for me." So, for those parents who really "sayang" their child so much, they will spend that few hundreds on that thingy. Next. For those who don't really have money, and have no parents to bug on, but still insist to buy something from that shop,...... They will look for the cheapest thing in the shop. See, usually, the cheapest shirt in Quiksilver is a shirt printed with the word "ROXY" or "BILLABONG" or "QUIKSILVER" , with additions of little logo. Still, it will cost you RM60 and above for that. Oh mama! Then, the cheapest wallet in the shop; a wallet printed "ROXY" or "BILLABONG" or "QUIKSILVER" again!! Nothing great about the inner or outer design of the wallet, but you will still need RM60++ to buy that. Yet, there are still some "fans" of the brands who want that brand so badly. Some even save money for the sake of getting something branded to show off to their friends. How proud. Few years ago, my mother went to Australia for a trip. She bought me a very very simple, I guess the simplest wallet of Roxy which cost her Aus $50. *faint* I would rather get something without brand, but with better design.

Oh ya! Talking about bikinis. For that little piece of cloth, you will have to spend hundreds on it. *sigh* I just wanna advice those who are not affordable to stop wasting money on the little thing which may cause you to starve the entire month or months. You can get things, with "chunt-er" design even those things are not branded items.

^_^

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com