21 April 2009

Well, yesterday was the day of my scholarship interview. The interview was at The One Academy in Bandar Sunway.

~My miserable day started with seeing the train to Sentul moving on while I was standing at the opposite platform at the KTM station(Bye train!). So, I waited for another miserable 20 minutes for the next train to Sentul. Pfth..

~In the train, I yawned for millions of times that I asked Mun Chun to slap me to wake me up. Instead of slapping me, he pushed my head to the window of the train. What the~~~

~I waited for another miserable 20 minutes for the bus to move. *speechless*

~I waited for another miserable 30 minutes to be called for the interview. The interview started at 10. I was already there at 9.30. And guess what.. I am the first to be called. Ooooo....

The interviewers:
Number of interviewers: 3; 2 from The One Academy. 1 from Sin Chew.

Therefore, 3 VS. 1!

The Q&A:(FYI, the language used in the interview is mandarin)
Q- The interviewers A- Me

Q: Tell us more about your family financial status.
A: My dad works as blah blah blah.. My mom is blah blah blah.... My sis is blah blah blah....

Q:Tell us how sensitive you are to the current trend of graphic design.
A: (I forgot what I had said for the front part. I only remember I said something about Maxis advertisement..) Well, I am very sensitive to the advertisements like those in the newspaper and magazines. I even rate the advertisements! Like for the Maxis advertisement, I rated it as a good ones. Maxis used the donuts to represent variety which I think it's very creative!

Q: Why do you think that it's a Maxis advertisement but not a donut's advertisement?
A: Well, if it were a donut advertisement, it wouldn't be so direct. Usually, advertisement used an indirect way to express what it's trying to say. Like for Maxis, it uses an indirect way to show variety.

Q: Well, if you were to design an advertisement for the donut company, what will you do?
A: Maybe I won't just show how beautifully the donut is made. Instead, I will show how delicious the donut can be; like showing the yummy expression of the people while eating the donuts. Because, the delicacy of the donuts shan't depend on it's look. Therefore, a donut advertisement shouldn't look like the Maxis'.

Q: Give me a strong point that you really really deserve this scholarship.
A: Most probably is because I am a science stream student. (Weak? No.. I have lots of points for this) Well, not to say all, but MANY of the graphic design students are from art stream. Compare to them, I have more knowledge about both science and art. See, I have a very good basic of art as well as science. This will definitely give me a priority when it comes to projects which are related to science. You can't be doing everything related to arts only when you get to work in future. What if the project you gotta do is something related to medicine, or... astronomy (blah blah blah..) Without the basic knowledge about science, how are we supposed to create an impressive design to impose the others?

Q: Wow, you sounded like you are pretty confident!
A: Obviously! (Bhb betul~~~)

Q: Well, if you were to design something not related to science or art?
A: Research, of course! Every design starts with a precise research.
Q: Mmm..

Q: I heard you saying something about art just now. Can you tell me the difference between art and graphic design?
A: (Yes!) Art and graphic design is obviously different! When producing a piece of art, you have no need to let the others know what are you trying to express through the art. You are free to do whatever you like. You leave a space for imaginations for the people who look at your art. BUT, for graphic design, it's totally different from art. When producing a design, you have to clearly express what you are trying to say through the design. A good graphic design is a design that can replace words to express the actual meaning. So, graphic design is vice versa of art!(I think I did quite well here... )

*Here comes the miserable part.

Q: I see your dad's income is very low. But your dad holds a high position.(manager only ma... In such a small company) I feel your dad's income doesn't match your family's expenses at all.
A: Huh? *blur*
Q: (Here is the part that she kept arguing about the income and so on so forth for about 15 minutes. *sigh*)
A: So what can I do to prove all that?
Q: Can you present me your dad's original EPF statement latest by tomorrow morning?
A: TOMORROW MORNING? Q: Yeah. Actually, we have to decide everything by evening. But, we will be lenient a bit(Yes. A BIT!). We give you some time.
A: Oh... Okay.
Q: What if you failed to get this scholarship?
A: I guess... I won't get to study here as the fees here are really expensive.
Q: But, don't you think it's a waste to give up this course?
A: Well, I am not giving up this course. Just that I will find other cheaper institution for this course. I don't wanna the fees to be my parents' burden.
Q: But, your artworks are really good. (She was looking at my artworks) I think it's just a big waste if you simply find other academy for this course. (Sounds good huh~~ XD)
A: Oh yeah.. Such a waste. (I seriously said that!)
Q: If you lose the scholarship award just because your dad's failed to show me the EPF statement, it would be very wasteful.
A: (Oh really?) Hm... I will try to get it for you as soon as possible.
Q: Okay. That's all for today. Thanks.
A: Thank you! Goodbye.

*SWEAT*

*edit

Btw, my dad came all the way from Klang to The One Academy right after I finished my interview just to pass me his EPF statement! (NAH!! See la see la... My dad's income really that low ma. Nothing to say edi rite? LOL! )

While waiting for ST to come, Mun Chun and I went to watch K-20. Interesting!


That's all for today. Chaos!

1 comments:

aisha said...

O.O wow.
your interview went pretty smoothly! :D

 
template by suckmylolly.com