08 April 2010


Hey there. Seriously sorry for the late update. Yikes yikes! I was too caught up with dramas, sewing activities and also outings. I will update about that in the coming post. Let me just talk about the shoe painting competition that I have participated last Sunday.

First of all, this competition is part of the events of the Malaysia Shoe Festival 2010. Contestants are from design colleges and universities such as Lim Kok Wing, KKTM, PJCAD, New Era, The One Academy, and some other colleges that I might missed out. There were about 110 contestants. The theme is Satu Malaysia. We were given 90 mins to complete our painting. Highlight: We, the contestants have to squeeze beside the stage and sit on the floor to paint our shoes. ("Cool" right?) After the competition was the catwalk show for the branded bling bling shoes. I have to say, we, the contestants are just nothing in the eye of the organizers. They were expecting us to clean our things up and move away from the stage side in less than 5 minutes time. Being rude enough, one came and shouted in a harsh tone, "Can you guys be faster? The whole world is waiting for you all." Hell yeah! If that catwalk show is that important, you should have started the competition earlier since you don't have any event on before the competition. What's the point of rushing in this way right?

Okay, okay. Let's continue about my design. So, my design was actually a stupid sketch that I did in a rush at 3 in the morning. I had to draw something that night no matter what as I had to show my lecturer at least a thing by the next morning. I don't know how I came to this lame idea, making the three dominant races into Siamese triplets. LMAO. Amazingly, my lecturer likes it. Okay. So I dumped my design at a corner for a few days without even put any effort on extending the ideas until Saturday arrived. Working under pressure, I finally came out with a proper design. Phewh! But, like I said in my previous posts, the chance of winning is mere. Counting the number of students who participated, every student(included me as well) has 1% of winning chance. See. I thought I was possibly unable to get Top 3. I was hoping for consolation actually. But, dang~ I can only say I am so blessed that my design is favored by the judges. Maybe the flowers (sewed on my shoe) are way too attractive. Muahaha.. I love the flowers! I never regret learning how to sew. Who knows how far sewing can bring me to. It already brought me to a great starting point and I bet the journey will be an endless one. =)


Not very awesome right? I think the design will look better if it's a vector art.

Bloom, bloom, bloommmmmmmm....

Wei Ting and I in the Exhibition Hall.

Deng deng deng deng! Look at my pale face. Didn't get to sleep well the night before.

Had a delicious desert at Gelatissimo, The Gardens. Yummy! Heavenly delicious.

 
template by suckmylolly.com